Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Treat Holders

Can't believe tomorrow is Valentine's Day already! I decided to make some Valentine's treats for my co-workers and friends this year. Surprisingly, I came up with the idea on my own!! I usually "love" to case projects! :) I made matchboxes using my Cricut. On the cover, I used the rosette die from My Favorite Things. (I love the die because it scores the lines already! :) ) Then I made two designs...one with one heart on top and the other with two. And all of them have the vday sentiment on top. I made 5 of each design. One picture only has 4 because I had to give one to my friend before I got a chance to take a pic of them!

Here is one up close...



Here is 5 of the first design...


And 4 of the second design...


Forgot to take a pic of the inside but I fit 6 Dove dark chocolate hearts.
And for one of them, I was able to fit a gift card.
I like how the turned out...just had issues with how to hold the rosette down!
I need to find the thick glue dots!

And I decorated this can for my Grandma!!
I wrapped ribbon around the handle and cut hearts using nestabilities with felt.
Just something simple...


Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)



5 comments:

  1. wonderful boxes you created! love what you did. cute can too that you made for your grandma. hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boxes are beautiful and look so yummy--love that sparky heart! Happy Valentine's Cyndi, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, luv your v-day gift boxes and that cannister is something else! Grandma is gonna luv it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. faaaaabulous projects
    loving the first one the most
    very sweet
    she will love it

    ReplyDelete