Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Geisha Cross Stitch

I'm sad I haven't had time to make cards lately...I see everyone's beautiful cards and I wish I could keep up! :) Besides paper crafting, I love to cross stitch!! Even though it's not the best, I thought I'd share my geisha cross stitch just because it was my first one so my mistakes can be excused! The most obvious mistake is that I didn't know you were supposed to work from the middle. I started at the edge so that's why you can see in the frame at the bottom that it is not straight...it's because there wasn't even aida (name of the cross stitch canvas) to pull. In the square I put my initials and the year that I finished! I know it's been awhile...on a good note, I'm almost finished with another one that I'm working on for my grandma for Mother's Day!


and here's a close up! TFL!


7 comments:

  1. Wow! you did a great job! It's really beautiful Cyndi! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi this is just gorgeous! I did some cross stitching a longgg time ago but only little ones. You did a magnificent job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Cyndi! This is amazing! Such detailing and the luv that went into making this! I could never cross stitch . . . I need instant gratification!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Cyndi! For real? You made it? It's gorgeous! I used to cross stitch but haven't done that in a long while. I did mostly Precious Moments though. I have a couple hanging on my breakfast nook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA SISTER ... very impressive! I used to cross stich long, long ago! How long did it take you to make this? LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Cyndi, you did a terrific job. Cross stitching takes a lot of patience and every stitch counts.

    ReplyDelete