Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Washi Paper Coasters...

I thought I'd share these coasters that I decorated for a friend even though they didn't come out as I had planned! :( I bought these wooden coasters that I wanted to cover...and I looked all over my craft room and I gave up looking for now so I decided on plan B! I used the heavyweight coasters and use sticky strip to tape 3 of them together to make it almost as thick as the wooden one. Then I just covered four of them, two of each design. I used decopauge glue to make it stick and make the outside look shiny! Also, on the back I used a sticky cork sheet to give it support. I hope I find the wooden ones soon!

Here are the 2 designs up close...






The back...



All 4...



TFL everyone! And for your sweet comments!

6 comments:

  1. Such pretty papers, you improvised beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv them Cyndi! You did a great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi, these washi paper covered coasters are so beautiful! How clever to stack the coasters for thickness and then cover them. I think you've got something going here and would make nice craft fair items! The papers are so pretty! Cami

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the washi paper. so nice to make coasters and give them as gifts. this came out really pretty. have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such pretty coasters! I love washi paper!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Use a soft wood such as pine instead of a hardwood like walnut. Hardwoods like walnut will not soak the water as well as pine, and when they dry, the wood grains will not fray very much, so you will lose the soft, natural friction created by the moistening-drying process.

    Paper Coaster

    ReplyDelete